We use the following writing process which always stems from a core quality text that becomes the inspiration for a range of writing opportunities.
Here is our curriculum for fiction, non-fiction and poetry.
- We follow the Key Stage 2 National Curriculum for English
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling is taught through writing and is a high priority.
- In addition, we follow the Read Write Inc spelling programme.
- Handwriting is practised regularly, with some groups of children receiving additional support.
- We know that the promotion of a language-rich curriculum provides essential learning that our children need for their future success. We teaching vocabulary both explicitly through the ‘Mrs Wordsmith’ programme and incidentally across English and wider areas of our curriculum.